-   -   Plotting blank cells in line charts? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/13048-plotting-blank-cells-line-charts.html)

doogie

Plotting blank cells in line charts?

How do I keep a line chart from plotting blank cells. Formulas are in cells
that return a blank when false.

Steve

The simple way:

1) Hide the rows you don't wish to chart
2) Create a chart.
3) Click Tools, Options, Chart (click on chart first)
4) Uncheck the option to plot visible cells only

"doogie" wrote in message
How do I keep a line chart from plotting blank cells. Formulas are in
cells
that return a blank when false.

Ken Wright

=IF(your_formula=0,NA(),your_formula)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"doogie" wrote in message
How do I keep a line chart from plotting blank cells. Formulas are in

cells
that return a blank when false.

Tushar Mehta

If you use NA() instead of "" in your formula, XL will interpolate that
point. The only way to create a gap in a XY Scatter chart (any version
of XL that supports VBA) or a line chart (prior to XL2002) is to use a
programmatic solution such as 'Chart gap for N/A' (http://www.tushar-
mehta.com/excel/software/na_discontinuity/index.html)

Note that XL2002 introduced a bug wherein a single segment in a line
chart cannot be formatted to 'nothing'. MS hasn't fixed the bug as of
2003.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions