-   -   importing numbers from html-charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/129927-importing-numbers-html-charts.html)

amsterdam-quick

importing numbers from html-charts

How can I select numbers from a HTML web-based financial chart (I.E. the
Gainskeeper type used by Scottrade and E-Trade), copy a single column and
import it into EXEL with PASTE SPECIAL and then add the entries without
getting the answer "0" and/or the error code: #VALUE! ?

Apparently the numbers must be stripped of previous formatting, but how? It
is possible just to enter one number at a time and reformat to "text", then
add them but it is infinite laborious. A thousand thanks! What is the secret
to select columns in the above charts?