Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Combination charts

Question, I want to make a stacked-column chart with horizontal lines and I
can't seem to do it no matter what I do like even change the series. PLease
help!

--
thank you!
Mavy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Is the stacked column the 3d variety? If so you can not create
combination charts with the 3d types.

Cheers
Andy

osof wrote:
Question, I want to make a stacked-column chart with horizontal lines and I
can't seem to do it no matter what I do like even change the series. PLease
help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I just created a stacked column chart with 4 series of data, including
negative values. Selected one of the series and right clicked form the
context menu I picked Chart Type. Selected line chart.

What have you tried?

Cheers
Andy

osof wrote:
It's not the 3D type. It's just a stacked column with negative figures as
well and 3 horizontal lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I've tried that as well but to no avail. it changed everything to lines..the
value of my line series are percentage. no matter what I do it won't work.. I
have to manually add a trendline to form a line.. Help! someone said it's
possible but they can't remember how they did it...

--
thank you!
Mavy

osof wrote:
It's not the 3D type. It's just a stacked column with negative figures as
well and 3 horizontal lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Here are sample values

0.00%
2005 ($28,000) $28,000 $47,000 $9,000
2006 (30,000) 42,000 50,000 11,000 330.80%

I put the zero before 2005 because the line series are the percentage ones
and it starts at 0.
Thanks for all the help.I appreciate it...
--
thank you!
Mavy

"Andy Pope" wrote:

If you want to email me directly an example I will take a look see.

Cheers
Andy

osof wrote:
I've tried that as well but to no avail. it changed everything to lines..the
value of my line series are percentage. no matter what I do it won't work.. I
have to manually add a trendline to form a line.. Help! someone said it's
possible but they can't remember how they did it...

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sorry but that data example doesn't really help as I can not figure out
what you are trying to plot.

Are the years plotted as series? In which case you need more % values.
If the stacks are for each year then you need to move the % values to
the secondary axis and change the chart type to line.

Cheers
Andy

osof wrote:
Here are sample values

0.00%
2005 ($28,000) $28,000 $47,000 $9,000
2006 (30,000) 42,000 50,000 11,000 330.80%

I put the zero before 2005 because the line series are the percentage ones
and it starts at 0.
Thanks for all the help.I appreciate it...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yes. I put the percentage in the 2nd axis. I tried doing it without the
negative figures and it turns out ook sometimes but when I try to put in the
negative figures it totally changed the chart instead of just adding a
stacked column at the bottom. IT semms like negative figures for stacked
columns doesnt' wanna work with the
percentage line series.

Sorry about my example... Here's more. Thanks for all the help!

Liablities Net Book 1 Book 2 Gross

0.00% 0.00%
2004 ($28,000) $28,000 $47,000 $9,000
2003 (29,000) 40,000 45,000 10,000
2006 (30,000) 42,000 50,000 11,000 330.80% 252.80%
--
thank you!
Mavy