-   -   Excel 2007 - Dynamic names for chart series (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/128518-excel-2007-dynamic-names-chart-series.html)

jcollot

Excel 2007 - Dynamic names for chart series

The dynamic names I used to utilize in Excel 2003 to define the data range
for charts in my worksheets don't work anymore, because excel modifies them
upon saving the file :

Filename.xls!DynamicNamedRange gets changed to [0]!DynamicNamedRange for all
the chart series using this syntax.

Is there another syntax I can use ? Any workaround ?

Bernard Liengme

Excel 2007 - Dynamic names for chart series

If the data is in a Table (new XL2007 feature); the chart is automatically
dynamic
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jcollot" wrote in message
The dynamic names I used to utilize in Excel 2003 to define the data range
for charts in my worksheets don't work anymore, because excel modifies
them
upon saving the file :

Filename.xls!DynamicNamedRange gets changed to [0]!DynamicNamedRange for
all
the chart series using this syntax.

Is there another syntax I can use ? Any workaround ?

goofy11

Excel 2007 - Dynamic names for chart series

Supposedly SP1 takes care of this bug.