-   -   Delete user-defined charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/126902-delete-user-defined-charts.html)

Lampman

Delete user-defined charts

deleting a user-defined chart...

I wish to delete a user-defined chart and return to the original default. I
have followed Jon Peltiers instructions, but, I do not have a "delete"
option. Excel 2003.

Thanks,

WK

Jon Peltier

Delete user-defined charts

Here's how it works on my machine:

Select a chart, Chart menu Chart Type Custom Types tab, Select from
'User Defined', select the type to be deleted, the Delete button is now
enabled, click it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Lampman" wrote in message
deleting a user-defined chart...

I wish to delete a user-defined chart and return to the original default.
have followed Jon Peltiers instructions, but, I do not have a "delete"
option. Excel 2003.

Thanks,

WK

Lampman

Delete user-defined charts

Wish I could send you a screen shot, but haven't figured how to do that.
Anyway, once I click on user-defined, select the chart I want to delete,
there is no delete button at all, not even grayed out. Nothing. There are
only two user-defined charts, mine and "default". They both appear to be the
same.

Thanks for responding.