-   -   1 Bar, 2 Line Combination Chart Nightmare - Help!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/126279-1-bar-2-line-combination-chart-nightmare-help.html)

Darren McMillan

1 Bar, 2 Line Combination Chart Nightmare - Help!!

Morning,

I have been asked to change a current simple combination chart into a more
complicated one and I'm stuck - big time.

I have 3 series:

1. Cumulative Spend
2. Cumulative Percentage
3. Previous Years Percentage.

I want to have Series 1 as a bar and Series 2 & 3 as lines. I cannot work
this whatsoever. Can anyone help? Please!!!!

Jon Peltier

1 Bar, 2 Line Combination Chart Nightmare - Help!!

Ignore the built-in custom types. Make a line chart with all three sets of
data. Select the chart series you want to change, go to Chart menu Chart
Type, and select a Column style.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Darren McMillan" <Darren wrote in
message ...
Morning,

I have been asked to change a current simple combination chart into a more
complicated one and I'm stuck - big time.

I have 3 series:

1. Cumulative Spend
2. Cumulative Percentage
3. Previous Years Percentage.

I want to have Series 1 as a bar and Series 2 & 3 as lines. I cannot work
this whatsoever. Can anyone help? Please!!!!

Darren McMillan

1 Bar, 2 Line Combination Chart Nightmare - Help!!

Brilliant. It works and so simple to do. Thank you. By boss will be happy
with me.

Darren