-   -   How do I stop counting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/125376-how-do-i-stop-counting.html)

damanwitdaplan

How do I stop counting?

I have a row of cells and excel is counting how many numbers there are above
0. I want excel to stop counting at 5. Is there any way I can have a message
come up when it hits 5?

Don Guillett

How do I stop counting?

Perhaps you could tell us a bit more?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"damanwitdaplan" wrote in message
I have a row of cells and excel is counting how many numbers there are
above
0. I want excel to stop counting at 5. Is there any way I can have a
message
come up when it hits 5?

damanwitdaplan

How do I stop counting?

I have a row of cells from B9:U9. In AA9 I currently have the following
forumula

=COUNTIF(B9:U9, "0")

I want it to stop counting at 5. I would like there to be a message saying
that you can't go to 6.

Thank you in advance for your help.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Perhaps you could tell us a bit more?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"damanwitdaplan" wrote in message
I have a row of cells and excel is counting how many numbers there are
above
0. I want excel to stop counting at 5. Is there any way I can have a
message
come up when it hits 5?

Kelly O'Day

How do I stop counting?

damanwitdaplan:

You just need to make your Countif conditional. There are several
approaches. If comes to mind:

=IF(COUNTIF(B9:U12,"0")<=5,COUNTIF(b9:U12,"0"),5 )

Kelly

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Perhaps you could tell us a bit more?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"damanwitdaplan" wrote in
message
I have a row of cells and excel is counting how many numbers there are
above
0. I want excel to stop counting at 5. Is there any way I can have a
message
come up when it hits 5?

Don Guillett

How do I stop counting?