-   -   Chart Markers (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/124589-chart-markers.html)

vicky

Chart Markers

I am trying to change the look of a line on a chart. I want to put in custom
markers. I have followed the help directions but they don't work. I select
format date series and put the type of line. The option for market is not
available. How do I get that.

Jon Peltier

Chart Markers

Did you already apply a custom marker to the series, by pasting a copied
shape? If you have already applied a custom marker to a chart, the Marker
part of the Format Data Series / Patterns dialog is missing. You can copy
another shape and paste it, as described he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...omMarkers.html

To get back the Marker part of the Format Data Series dialog, change the
series temporarily to a column type (Chart menu Chart Type), double click
on the changed series, and on the Patterns tab, change the Area to
Automatic. Then change the series back to a Line or XY type.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions