-   -   in excel can you hypermark to a folder? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/124453-excel-can-you-hypermark-folder.html)

Bayden

in excel can you hypermark to a folder?

I want to be able to link to a name in excelto a folder holding docs and
pictures, Is this possible?

Stephen Jame Pattenden

in excel can you hypermark to a folder?

Yes, simply hyperlink to a file within that folder and then remove the file
name from the "Address:" field in the "Insert Hyperlink" window.

Ie. create a hyperlink to C:\Temp\Filename.doc and then remove the text
"Filename.doc" in the "Address:" field. This will then hyperlink to the
folder "Temp" on the C:\ drive.

Hope this helps

Steve

"Bayden" wrote:

I want to be able to link to a name in excelto a folder holding docs and
pictures, Is this possible?

Bayden

in excel can you hypermark to a folder?

Thanks for the info, I have set it up as you said and it works. Is it now
possible to "Hide" the blue link as I have it in a very small cell and so it
protrudes into the next cell? Regards David.