-   -   % distribution chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/123294-%25-distribution-chart.html)

Nick1UK

% distribution chart

I have a data range of 900 days (% daily performance) ranging from + 1.23%
down to -.86% and all possibilities in between. i wish to graph this data
range so that X axis is the daily % return and Y axis is the % of days with
said return. Bar cahrt that will look like a bell chart as most days have a
+.05/-.05% gain or loss with the central column as 0 going left along the X
axis will decend to say -1% and going right will ascend to say 1.5%.
I have seen it done but can not seem to create it myself.

best regards

nick

Mike Middleton

% distribution chart

Nick1UK -

First create the frequency distribution and histogram, either Excel | Tools
| Data Analysis | Histogram with instructions at
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html or Better Histogram free
add-in download from http://www.treeplan.com

Then convert the vertical axis by changing its data series from frequency to
relative frequency (divide each frequency by the total) and applying a
percentage format.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com