-   -   Label brackets switched around in 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/122745-label-brackets-switched-around-2003-a.html)

juliejg1

Label brackets switched around in 2003

I have office 2003. I noticed that when I receive a chart from someone in an
earlier version of Excel, the negative data labels that were formatted with
brackets will have the brackets flipped backwards..like )123( instead of
(123). I can't seem to be able to correct this. Cannot even type in the
correct format right in the data label. Any suggestions?

ShaneDevenshire

Label brackets switched around in 2003

Hi Julie,

This sounds like a formatting problem. If so, select the data labels on the
chart and choose Format, Selected Data Labels, Number tab, and pick a better
format.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire