-   -   How do I move multiple data points to a second axis? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/122592-how-do-i-move-multiple-data-points-second-axis.html)

Kevin Bogart

How do I move multiple data points to a second axis?

I have a two-column stacked chart -- the right-hand column represents a
blowup detail of one of the stacks on the left hand column. I can make a
PivotChart (or a regular chart) that displays all the data on a primary Y
axis, but whenever I choose one data point in the right-hand column to define
on a secondary axis, the other fields disappear. I want to select all four
stacked data points on the right-hand column and change them to a secondary
axis, and I cannot select multiple data points at once. Help!

Jon Peltier

How do I move multiple data points to a second axis?

I'm not sure I follow your description. You have to move one entire series
at a time from one axis to the other; you cannot move individual points
(except in one-point series), and you cannot select multiple series at a
time. When you say "fields disappear", do you mean the secondary axis
columns hide the primary axis data? This is a difficulty with column charts.
There's a workaround for getting the series back side-by-side, but it will
not work with a pivot chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Kevin Bogart" wrote in message
I have a two-column stacked chart -- the right-hand column represents a
blowup detail of one of the stacks on the left hand column. I can make a
PivotChart (or a regular chart) that displays all the data on a primary Y
axis, but whenever I choose one data point in the right-hand column to
define
on a secondary axis, the other fields disappear. I want to select all four
stacked data points on the right-hand column and change them to a
secondary
axis, and I cannot select multiple data points at once. Help!

JICDB

How do I move multiple data points to a second axis?

I have the same problem and was looking for an answer. I am trying to create
one of your thermometer charts (awesome BTW). There are 4 series in a
stacked column chart. The instructions say to change series 1 to the
secondary axis, and then change series 2 to the secondary axis. After I
change series 1 (in this case the Holder) I cannot get to series 2 (the
mercury) to move it to the secondary axis. If I change series 1 to
transparant I can see the other series below but I can't figure out a way to
touch it and change it. Any help would be appreciated.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

After changing series 1, with it still selected, use the up/down arrows
until series 2 is selected. Then use CTRL+1 to open the format dialog (or go
to Format menu Selected Series).

- Jon
-------

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

You are awesome! Thanks and happy holidays!