-   -   Creating an changing scale on x axis for outlying cases (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/122317-creating-changing-scale-x-axis-outlying-cases.html)

Steve BBC UK

Creating an changing scale on x axis for outlying cases

Hi
When I plot all my cases on a scatterplot, i get 90% of my cases all bunched
up, and 10% way out on the right of the x-axis because they are outliers.
The solution is to have the x-axis display a changing scale like the
following. But i don't know how to do this. Can anyone help please?

10 20 30 40 50 60 100 200 300 400

Thanks
Steve

Bernard Liengme

Creating an changing scale on x axis for outlying cases

Would a log scale work for you. Double click the x-axis and on the Scale tab
specify logarithmic.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme