-   -   excel chart to tiff or eps format (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/119263-excel-chart-tiff-eps-format.html)

Raoul

excel chart to tiff or eps format

Hello,

I have created several detailed charts in excel for a paper that I am
sending to a journal. The journal requires that my files have eps or
tiff extensions. How do I convert the excel chart into tiff or eps? I
have tried to 'print' to tiff with microsoft office document image
writer , but the quality of the chart is too low. I also tried to copy
and paste the graph into paint shop pro and to save it as .eps , but
agai the quality is too low. Any other suggestions would be much
appreciated. Thanks.

Raoul

Jon Peltier

excel chart to tiff or eps format

In VBA you can use

ActiveChart.Export "C:\test\MyChart.tif", "TIF"

but the resolution is no better than screen resolution.

What I have done successfully is print the worksheet to a PDF file, and
extract the eps depiction of the chart from the PDF. I use PrimoPDF and
PDFCreator to print to the PDF files, both freeware programs, with
outstanding results.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP