-   -   excel macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/119158-excel-macro.html)

Anna Maria

excel macro

Hi, I need your help

I need to design an excel macro to first locate specific forword and
reverse PCR primer sequences within download sequences, the search for
various 4-base cutter restriction enzyme recognition sequences. Primer
matching is accomplished using an algorithm:HP= (2(A+T)+3(G+C))/L

where A+T is the number of the adenine-thymine pairs in the hybtrid
G+C is the number of guanine-cytosine pairs
L the lengh of the probe

and choosing a position where the HP is 1.8

can you help me?

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Anna Maria

Ed Ferrero

excel macro

Hi Anna,

Don't know if I understand what you want, but;

Row Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E Col F
1 A T G C L HP
2 .1 .3 .2 .6 1.3 (cell F2)

In cell F2 enter the formula =(2*(A2+B2)+3*(C2+D2))/E2

Copy down

To find all rows where HP 1.8

- you can sort
- you can use conditional formatting