-   -   Charting Hidden Data (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/118010-charting-hidden-data.html)

big t

Charting Hidden Data

Hi Everyone,

I am charting data which sits in rows where i have grouped the data (using
Data...Group and Outline...Group...). Trouble is, when I hide the data (by
collapsing the grouped rows) my chart goes blank.

Is there a way to allow charts to see the 'hidden' data?

TIA,
big t

Don Guillett

Charting Hidden Data

AFAIK, No, but you could copy somewhere else and chart that

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"big t" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I am charting data which sits in rows where i have grouped the data (using
Data...Group and Outline...Group...). Trouble is, when I hide the data (by
collapsing the grouped rows) my chart goes blank.

Is there a way to allow charts to see the 'hidden' data?

TIA,
big t

Andy Pope

Charting Hidden Data

Hi,

Select the chart and then use menu Tools Options Chart. On the tab
uncheck Plot visible cells only.

Cheers
Andy

big t wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am charting data which sits in rows where i have grouped the data (using
Data...Group and Outline...Group...). Trouble is, when I hide the data (by
collapsing the grouped rows) my chart goes blank.

Is there a way to allow charts to see the 'hidden' data?

TIA,
big t

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

big t

Charting Hidden Data

Thanks Andy, I knew there had to be a way!!!

cheers
big t