-   -   regarding allocation of chart series point colors (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/116200-regarding-allocation-chart-series-point-colors.html)

David

regarding allocation of chart series point colors

Greetings and thanks for your time
I have labels A,B,C,D and data series of values a%, b%, c%, d%. This series
is sorted into ascending order of values and feeds a bar chart (ie a Pareto
chart). I would like to display this data also on a Pie chart, but would like
to keep the same series point color for A,B etc. regardless of how the
updated values change the rank order (say, C,B,A,D). Presently, if say, point
A is dark blue at the start of the order and then after updating the % scores
point A moves down to 3rd in the order, point A will take on another color.
Any advice will be appreciated

Jon Peltier

regarding allocation of chart series point colors

I know I hate pie charts, but I did write this article:

Scroll down near the end to "Color by Category Label (Conditional
Formatting)"

The ColorWedges procedure works also for a column chart. Change the AAAA,
BBBB placeholders in the code to match your labels.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"David" wrote in message
Greetings and thanks for your time
I have labels A,B,C,D and data series of values a%, b%, c%, d%. This
series
is sorted into ascending order of values and feeds a bar chart (ie a
Pareto
chart). I would like to display this data also on a Pie chart, but would
like
to keep the same series point color for A,B etc. regardless of how the
updated values change the rank order (say, C,B,A,D). Presently, if say,
point
A is dark blue at the start of the order and then after updating the %
scores
point A moves down to 3rd in the order, point A will take on another
color.
Any advice will be appreciated

David

regarding allocation of chart series point colors

Thanks for your time Jon