-   -   Widen Chart Columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/116070-widen-chart-columns.html)

RichN

Widen Chart Columns

I'm using a stacked column format. I want to show data for about 3 weeks (1
week in each column). Everything looks fine, except the column seems very
narrow. How do I change the width of the column on the chart? Thanks

Andy Pope

Widen Chart Columns

Hi,

Double click column and adjust the GapWidth property on the series
option tab.

Also check the categroy axis is not being plotted as true dates as this
will leave big gaps between non consectutive dates.
Right click chart and choose Chart Options. On Axis tab set x axis to
Category.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

MMartinPhD

Widen Chart Columns

In Excel 2007, you need to change the information in the column to text
instead of a date. This will widen the bars on the graph. I could not find
a place to make it a "category" in 2007 (which is what I did with the
previous version).

RichN wrote:
I'm using a stacked column format. I want to show data for about 3 weeks (1
week in each column). Everything looks fine, except the column seems very
narrow. How do I change the width of the column on the chart? Thanks

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Andy Pope

Widen Chart Columns

In xl2007 you need to select the axis.
CTRL+1 to display the format dialog. Axis Options Category as Text.

Cheers
Andy