-   -   Chart Type - Line Column adding a 2nd line (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/115733-chart-type-line-column-adding-2nd-line.html)

[email protected]

Chart Type - Line Column adding a 2nd line

We have a chart that combines both a bar and one line. Both use the
same axis and scale. We need to add a 2nd line to the chart and
whenever we try to select both columns of data we get an error using
the source data-series-values. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

The bars are the current results and the original 1st line is the
budget. The 2nd line they want is the prior year results.

Andy Pope

Chart Type - Line Column adding a 2nd line

Hi,

I'm a little confused why you would select 'both columns' when trying to
add another series of data.

Try this, right click the chart and select Source Data...
On the series tab use the Add button to add another data series.
Go to the Values box and then select the cells for the new series.
If the new series is a column select it and right click. Choose Chart
Type and select Line.

Cheers
Andy

--