-   -   How do I add new data to a pivottable/chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/11555-how-do-i-add-new-data-pivottable-chart.html)

Brian Lee

How do I add new data to a pivottable/chart?

I have a spreadsheet that I add new data to weekly. Is there a way to have
the pivottables/charts refresh to include this data without recreating them?
If I try to do extend the range of cells used to create them originally, I am
unable to group dates (which I need to do) on the chart because of blank
cells.

Debra Dalgleish

You can use a dynamic range as the pivot table source, and it will
automatically expand as rows or columns are added. There are
instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

When you refresh the pivot table, all the new data will be included.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List