-   -   Range for Y Axis (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/115214-range-y-axis.html)

Andy Pope

Range for Y Axis

Hi,

You can not automatically force the values.
You can however set them manually, double click y axis and enter max/min
values.

Or you can do it via code.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

Cheers
Andy

Dave wrote:
I created a chart in Excel 2003.

The data source for the Y axis contains values from 3 to 8. However, Excel
draws the graph with Y values from 0 to 9.

I want my graph to be more compact, IOW I don't want a lot of unused space
(Y values 0-2) to display.

How can I force Excel to limit the Y axis display to values from 2 to 9?

Thanks
Dave

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel