-   -   How do I sum the displayed values in a stacked chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/115077-how-do-i-sum-displayed-values-stacked-chart.html)

Matt

How do I sum the displayed values in a stacked chart?

Hi Everyone,

I've set up a stacked column chart. In each colum I have stacked up two
values. I'm trying to figure out if I can show the summed value of the two
values in the chart, and still maintain the automated updates if I change any
of my data. Right now, the only way I know how to do this tpying the summed
value in. The problem I'm having is that I lose the ability to have the
values automatically updates if I do that.

Is there any solution to this? Thank you very much for your help.

Andy Pope

How do I sum the displayed values in a stacked chart?

Hi,

Explanation here,
http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Matt

How do I sum the displayed values in a stacked chart?

Thanks Andy!

That's exactly what I was looking for. One last question... can I set this
same thing up in a 3-D Chart? Thanks again.

Matt wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I've set up a stacked column chart. In each colum I have stacked up two
values. I'm trying to figure out if I can show the summed value of the two
values in the chart, and still maintain the automated updates if I change any
of my data. Right now, the only way I know how to do this tpying the summed
value in. The problem I'm having is that I lose the ability to have the
values automatically updates if I do that.

Is there any solution to this? Thank you very much for your help.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Andy Pope

How do I sum the displayed values in a stacked chart?

Scroll to the bottom of the web page ;)

Matt wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I've set up a stacked column chart. In each colum I have stacked up two
values. I'm trying to figure out if I can show the summed value of the two
values in the chart, and still maintain the automated updates if I change any
of my data. Right now, the only way I know how to do this tpying the summed
value in. The problem I'm having is that I lose the ability to have the
values automatically updates if I do that.

Is there any solution to this? Thank you very much for your help.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Matt

How do I sum the displayed values in a stacked chart?

Oops! Sorry about that. Thanks again!

Matt