-   -   Create chart shaped like a clock (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/114692-create-chart-shaped-like-clock.html)

[email protected]

Create chart shaped like a clock

I'm an excel newb and am trying to create a chart shaped like a clock.
The idea is that I would enter a time someone did something and a dot
would appear at the appropriate place. This way, you could look at the
chart and say, "Oh look - most people do (x) at 3:30 though a few do it
at 12:45 and not too many people do (x) at night." Does that make
sense? Is it a scatter chart in the shape of a clock? How would I do
that? Thanks!

Andy Pope

Create chart shaped like a clock

Hi,

To plot the points assuming 12 hour clock and not 24. That is 00:00 and
12:00 share the same position on the plot.

A2: =00:00
B2: =COS(RADIANS(450-(720*A2)))
C2: =SIN(RADIANS(450-(720*A2)))

Drag down for required time points. Plot as xyscatter with min and max
scale values of +/- 1.5

For other clocks see here
http://www.andypope.info/fun/clocks.htm

Cheers