-   -   How do I keep graph "data table" formats in separate excel workboo (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/114050-how-do-i-keep-graph-data-table-formats-separate-excel-workboo.html)

Stacey D.

How do I keep graph "data table" formats in separate excel workboo

I have 1 master file that contains all the details to create various graphs.
I would like to have these graphs included in various other excel files.
When I copy the tab with the graph from the original workbook into a new
excel workbook, the "data table" that is shown with the graph loses its
format (ie dollars and percentage formats get lost). Is there a way to
retain the formats of the "data table" without having to copy and maintain
the source data in each of the new excel workbooks?

The goal is to have graphs in each of the new excel workbooks get updated
automatically. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Stacey