-   -   Excel 2003 Using graphics in charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/111746-excel-2003-using-graphics-charts.html)

Trish

Excel 2003 Using graphics in charts

A couple of years ago I attended an Excel workshop where we did these really
nifty charts using graphics instead of simple columns, eg we used a picture
of a coin, and the higher the souce nunber, the higher the stack of coins.
I worked in the oil industry and we made charts with stacks of oil rigs etc.
I just cannot remember how it was done and would really like to try it
again. I have just tried, using a picture, but what it does here is simply
increase the size of the single graphic, rather than stacking lots of
identical graphics on top of each other ... if you know what I mean. I
wondered if any of your experts could enlighten me! Thanks.

Debra Dalgleish

Excel 2003 Using graphics in charts

In the Format Data Series dialog box, after you insert the picture,
select Stack, at the bottom left of the Picture tab.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures