-   -   Is there a virus out there that is affecting excel spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/11133-there-virus-out-there-affecting-excel-spreadsheets.html)

jean

Is there a virus out there that is affecting excel spreadsheets

Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I shut my
computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It seemed to correct the
problem for now but can someone advise me if there is a virus out there that
is affecting the spreadsheet programs
Thanks
Jean

Bernard V Liengme

Seems more likely that you had a workbook open in which Calculation was set
to manual.
If it happens again try pressing F9.
best wishes
Bernard

"jean" wrote in message
Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I shut my
computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It seemed to correct
the
problem for now but can someone advise me if there is a virus out there
that
is affecting the spreadsheet programs
Thanks
Jean

Alan

"jean" wrote in message

Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I
shut my computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It

seemed
to correct the problem for now but can someone advise me if there is
a virus out there that is affecting the spreadsheet programs
Thanks
Jean

You ran Norton, but did it find anything?

Just a simple shut-down and re-boot will fix many common computer
problems that are nothing to do with a virus, just related to things
getting corrupted over a days use, or memory leak, or ..... etc etc
etc..

Alan.

Jon Peltier

In addition to the goodness that follows a clean reboot (like a
cleansing spring rain, without the electrical shorts), was calculation
turned to manual before the shutdown? That'll prevent things from adding up.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services