-   -   not able to link chart points from same series (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/110469-not-able-link-chart-points-same-series.html)

[email protected]

not able to link chart points from same series

I'm working on a chart that pull information from several pages.
Tha table is able to plot information correctly in the graph but I can't
seem to link the dots on the chart with a line.
Everytime I try a linear chart or a scatered chart with smoth lines, the
lines start from the x axis and reach the dot rather than connecting dots
from the same series.

Jon Peltier

not able to link chart points from same series

If the points are not in the same series (i.e., the data source is from
different sheets, not a single summary sheet), you will never link them. If
you have gaps, true actual blanks (not a formula hiding behind ""), you can
do Tools menu Options Chart tab, and change treatment of blanks to
Interpolate. If you have formulas returning "" for missing values, remember
that "" is text, which Excel thinks has a value of 0. Change "" to NA(), and
use conditional formatting to hide the #N/A error displayed in the cells.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions