-   -   Goal Line in chart but not on data tabel (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/10949-goal-line-chart-but-not-data-tabel.html)

BMSpell

Goal Line in chart but not on data tabel

I have a chart which plots single monthly values for the year in a bar graph
mode. I wanted to add a goal line, so I entered another series to represent
a goal, plotted the value for each month, and formatted it so it will
appear as a line across the chart wtih no points. I don't want the goal
values to show up in the data table. How do I exclude them? Thanks.

John Mansfield

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to modify the data table to
eliminate the goal values. You can get around this limitation by building
the data table with worksheet cells as opposed to using Excel's built-in
version. This link might help:

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...n_data_tables/

----
Regards,