-   -   Why do my data labels do not match source data? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/109342-why-do-my-data-labels-do-not-match-source-data.html)

KeithRD48

Why do my data labels do not match source data?

I have created a chart but my data labels do not match the source data. The
labels state, Series 1, Series 2, etc.

Andy Pope

Why do my data labels do not match source data?

Hi,

If the labels read series 1, series 2 etc it would suggest that you have
not specified a range in which to pick up the series name from.

Right click the chart and pick Source Data... On the Series tab check
the Name control contents.

Cheers
Andy

--