-   -   Using formula to calculate data source range (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/107786-using-formula-calculate-data-source-range.html)

ebarathne

Using formula to calculate data source range

Is there any way to referencing to data source range with formula?
For example I would like to insert this formula to the data surce page (if
it would be possible) :
=Address(32;12;1;True;"DEF_Montly")&":"&address(32 ;DEF_Monthly!$A$1;1;True)
its value is: "DEF_Monthly!$L$32:$Q$32"

So this way I could expand or reduce the range dinamically.
Can anyone help me?
Edit.

Jon Peltier

Using formula to calculate data source range

You can't link the whole data range of a chart to a dynamic range like this;
Excel accepts the name but converts it into a non-dynamic cell address. You
can link the X and Y values of each series to a dynamic range, and these
stick.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP