-   -   Break in graph? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/10762-break-graph.html)

Ellen

Break in graph?

Hello,
I'd like to chart some data where there's a gap in the graph. For instance,
the x-axis would start out 1, 2, 3, then go to 10, 11, 12, thus excluding the
data between 3 and 10. We'd like reader to focus on the data outside this
gap.

Is there a way to do this in Excel?

Thank you in advance,
Ellen

Jon Peltier

Ellen -

The web page describes how this is done for the Y axis, but it can just
as easily be applied to the X axis:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Ellen wrote:
Hello,
I'd like to chart some data where there's a gap in the graph. For instance,
the x-axis would start out 1, 2, 3, then go to 10, 11, 12, thus excluding the
data between 3 and 10. We'd like reader to focus on the data outside this
gap.

Is there a way to do this in Excel?

Thank you in advance,
Ellen

Ellen

Thanks, Jon. You obviously put a lot of work into this solution. I'm sure
it'll work. I'll need to study what you did.

Blessings to you!

Ellen