-   -   how do I make a soil analysis bar graph? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/10547-how-do-i-make-soil-analysis-bar-graph.html)

gregory

how do I make a soil analysis bar graph?

I have a 7th grade project on soil contamination and need to make a bar 3 bar
graph and ph, phosphates, nitrates and organic matter from 3 beach samples.
they are in different measurements mg/kg or %.

John Mansfield

Gregory,

One option would be to set your data up as follows:

Sample 1 Sample 2 Sample 3
Phosphates 25 28 27
Nitrates 34 33 34
Organic Matter 24 22 25
ph 6.2 5.8 5.9

Assuming the data above spans the range A1:D5, go through the following
steps to create the chart:

(1) Put your curser in cell A1.
(2) Select the area A1:D5.
(3) Go to the Chart Wizard and choose a 100% Stacked Column Chart.
(4) Make sure to choose the "Series in Rows" option.
(5) Run through the prompts until the Chart Wizard is finished.
(6) Click once on the set of bars at the very top of the chart.
(7) Right-click on your mouse - Chart Type - Line - OK.
(8) Click once on the new line. It should appear near the bottom of the
chart.
(9)Right-click on your mouse - Selected Object - Axis Tab - Secondary
Axis option.
(10) Format the chart as you see fit.

Here are some interesting web pages with soil analysis charts that you might
want to take a look at:

http://www.chrysanthemums.info/analy...l-analysis.htm

http://www.chrysanthemums.info/analy...sis-graphs.htm

----