-   -   How can I set up highlighting ON the graph? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/104444-how-can-i-set-up-highlighting-graph.html)

MP

How can I set up highlighting ON the graph?

I have a bunch of different line graphs showing different plots.

What I want to do, is be able to use a min and max on the Y axis that will
create an area through which the plots go through.

However, I want this area to be highlighted in some way to show that the
points in this highlighted part are acceptable, and the others are outside
the limits.

I don't want to manually change the limits of the graph because I want the
outside points showing.

Not sure how else to explain it.

Is this even possible in Excel? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Andy Pope

How can I set up highlighting ON the graph?

Hi,

You could use an extra data series plotted as a xyscatter do draw a box
within the plotarea to highlight an area.

If you wanted to colour that area you might be able to get one of these
to work-arounds to do it.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ackground.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ticalBand.html

Cheers