Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Gord is offline

Default code to unhide tabs based on cell contents

Delete double-click code and use this change code.

Enter a sheet name in E4 to unhide that sheet.

I would use a data validation dropdown list in E4 on Contents sheet
and choose from that list.

Dim wsh As Worksheet
Const WS_RANGE As String = "E4"
On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Sheets(Target.Value)
.Visible = True
.Select
End With
End If
For Each wsh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
If wsh.Name < Target.Value Then wsh.Visible = xlSheetHidden
Next wsh
Sheets("Contents").Visible = True
Cancel = True
ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Gord

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:02:09 -0700 (PDT), pat67
wrote:

What about what i said in my second part? If i just want use the
contents of a single cell as the named sheet to open? In other words,
in cell E4 say they would enter NC-41282 and then i have a button that
says "Edit". when they click the button, the NC-41282 tab is opened.