Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Stop Macro running when I save the workbook

On Jul 8, 11:28*am, TyreDude wrote:
Hi,

Please can you help, everytime I select save as on my excel
spreadsheet a macro runs which deletes all the values in the cell. *I
need to keep the marco but I do not want it to run when I select save
as:

The macro should only run when a drop down list is changed which
populates data in the spreadsheet. *The macro is not in a module but
resides in the workbook. *How can I stop this macro running when I
select save as?

Private Sub Cash_Select_Change()

myYear = Year(Date)
LeapYear = "No"

If myYear = "2012" Or myYear = "2016" Or myYear = "2020" Or myYear =
"2024" Or myYear = "2028" Or myYear = "2032" Then
LeapYear = "Yes"
Else
LeapYear = "No"
End If

'Range("CURRENCY_1_FORECAST").ClearContents
'Range("CURRENCY_2_FORECAST").ClearContents
'Range("CURRENCY_3_FORECAST").ClearContents

If Cash_Forecast_Select.Value = "January" Then
Sheets("Cash Forecasting").Select
Range("January").Copy
Range("B17").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("B26").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("B35").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
'Range("B44").Select
'ActiveSheet.Paste
'Range("B53").Select
'ActiveSheet.Paste
'Range("B62").Select
'ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("C19").Select

Thanks for any advice.

Brett

You should write your macros to avoid selections. I think you want
this in a worksheet_change event in the SHEET module tied to the drop
down cell. I see other errors.

"If desired, send your file to dguillett1 @gmail.com I will only look
if:
4. You send before/after examples and expected results."