Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default VBA Question

I have 223 files in 223 folders. Each folder only contains 1 file. All
the files have the same name. Each file (workbook) contains 1 sheet
named "ORF_Charge". In this sheet, the data I am trying to extract is
in row 5.

I sincerely hope you inherited this storage system from a predecessor.

If not, what were you thinking?

Did you ever hear of "shared files" where one master workbook is kept up-to-date
by multiple users?

Can you get a list of all the folders and paths to those folders?

Can you get that list into a worksheet in a new workbook?

We should be able to use a loop to iterate through that list of path/folders and
pull row 5 from each ORF_Change worksheet since all workbooks have the same
name.

The trick is to get into the 223 folders.

Gord