Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
rhona grossman rhona grossman is offline

Default Undo Read Only

I cannot turn off Read Only on a certain Excel file. The read only box is not checked.

On Monday, January 14, 2008 10:51 AM bidd wrote:

I cannot turn off Read Only on a certain Excel file. I don't have another
copy open, and the Read Only box is NOT checked in the "Properties" section
for that file. When I re-name it to save, then next time *that* file becomes
Read Only!

Help!

On Monday, January 14, 2008 1:49 PM Gord Dibben wrote:

FileSave AsToolsGeneral Options.

Remove the checkmark from "read-only recommended"

Now save it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP