bala_vb bala_vb is offline
Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I have installed the file format converter application on top of MS Office XP
to be able to read MS Office 2007 files. When I open an Excel 2007 file, the
file name is changed and it opens as "Read Only", though the file was not
read only initially. This does not happen when I open MS Word 2007 files.
Does anyone know a way to avoid this from happening? Thanks.
This happens whenever your cache exceeds the limit and not allowing to create ".tmp" properly in the temporary files. Try to delete the cache by
Start-Run-%temp%-delete temporary files and restart the system.

all the best
Thanks
Bala