Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Janet Janet is offline

Default Automate a Solver solution

Well, I assumed I could write a macro for a Solver transaction, but I keep
getting for "SolverOK" in the macro: Compile Error; Sub or Function not
defined. That probably means that a macro will not run the Solver for me,
right?
--
Janet

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote:

Maybe something like this will get you started, where the value you want to
insert in the cells is in F1 and the 400 cells are D1:D400

Sub ForHunRow()
Dim i As Integer
Dim j As Range, c As Range

i = Range("F1").Value
Set j = Range("D1:D400")

For Each c In j
c.Value = i
Next

End Sub

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Janet" wrote in message
I need to calculate a value to minimize a formula - I can do this with
Solver. The problem: I have 400 rows for which I have to use the Solver
calculation - and I need to update it occasionally.
I'm trying to figure out how to do this automatically instead of solving
each line manually. I suppose I could write a macro, but I don't know how
make the macro repeat itself until the last row and then stop. Any ideas?
Thanks.
--
Janet

.