Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities

"Bruce Sinclair" wrote
in message ...
In article , Jon Peltier
wrote:
(snip)
Anyone got any more info on what MS really mean here ? :)

I think they mean they will simply turn off their own nntp servers. As
you say, they can't control the presence of these groups on the whole
nntp/usenet network.

Quite. Well, if that really is what they mean, why didn't they just say
so ?
Minor damage only if that's the case ... and in some ways, a good thing
for
those of us here.

If that's what they mean, then who wrote the subject line?

Ah. That is obviously from marketing. :)

Yeah, we are going to s$#*w you, but it is for the greater good, and it is
in your best interests (because we know best).