Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M[_4_] Luke M[_4_] is offline

Default counting how many times a certain month appears

Yes, you want to use:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH('Montreal Office'!A3:A5000)=5))

or

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT('Montreal Office'!A3:A5000,"ddd")="May"))

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"MM" wrote in message
Hi all,

Fourth try's a charm....I'm getting errors trying to post my question.
Here
it is...
1 workbook, 4 worksheets each named for a different office.
Column A for each sheet is the date in the following format 03-May-10.
I need to count how many times May appears in column A, range A3:A5000,
from
the 'Montreal Office' worksheet. I thought I could use =countif but from
other posts, it seems maybe =sumproduct is the better option. I need your
help. My stats are due pretty soon.

Looking forward to your replies.
MM