Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel - How to get tab to go to next unlocked cell across columns

Jerry

Note the "merged fields"

Tabbing to unlocked cells on a protected sheet goes out the window when you
have merged cells.

Depending upon which cells are merged Tab can get stuck on a row and never
move down.

Gord

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:20:05 -0700, JLatham
wrote:

Make sure the cells you need to tab to are Unlocked. Once that is done,
protecte the sheet (with or without a password) and clear the check box next
to "Select Locked Cells".
Once that's done, tabbing will move you left to right then down. [Enter]
will move you according to the settings in: Excel Options, [Edit] tab and the
"Move Selection after Enter" setting.

"Linda" wrote:

Is there any way to use Excel as a form for data entry and have the enter
and/or tab key take you to the next cell for data entry when the next cell.
Specifically, I have a form setup and it has merged fields at different
places. I need the ability to enter across a line and at the end of that
line for the next enter or tab to take me back to column A on the next
unlocked cell. Is this possible?