Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ozgrid.com ozgrid.com is offline

Default Linking Excel Tables

=Sheet1!A1 dragged down an across, or Group the Sheets and what you type in
1 Worksheet will also show on the others in the Group. I.e Hold down your
Ctrl key and select the sheet tabs of those you wish to group. Don't forget
to ungroup :)

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Blue Max" wrote in message
Is there any way to link two separate Excel tables so that the data flows
between the tables and sorts as if the two were just one table?

We have worksheets where the quantity of data forces us to place the data
in multiple tables, for example in three tables across a landscape page.
However, we want the data in the three tables to behave as a single table,
much like linked text frames in a page layout program. When adding data
we simply want the overflow to be pushed into the adjoining table.
Likewise, when we sort the data we want the data to be sorted in all three
tables and redisplayed properly sorted and arranged across the tables.

Is this possible? Thank you for any help with this issue.