Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Minu Minu is offline

Default Different password for different worksheet

Thank you Don. But how to set individual excel sheet passwords for viewing
and editing. i.e only desginated user to view and edit. Appreciate some
help in this matter.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Excel sheet passwords are easily bypassed.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Minu" wrote in message
Dear expert,

I am using MS Excel 2007. I want to create a workbook with different
worksheets for different users to be able to view and edit the content on
his/her designated worksheet. i.e. For security purpose, I want different
worksheet has a different password to
protect so that the only authorized user can view & edit the content on
his/her
designated worksheet.
For example, sheet "marketing" has a password "1234" and sheet "sales" has
password "1235" to view and protec. Is it possible? Please kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

"ryguy7272" wrote:

This is how I do it...

Place the following code in a Sheet (not a module)
Basically, right-click the sheet and click View Code
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim i_pwd As String

i_pwd = InputBox("Please Enter Password to Unhide Sheet", "Unhide
Sheet...")
If i_pwd = "" Then
Exit Sub
End If

'#1
Select Case (i_pwd)
Case Is = "showmktg"
Worksheets("mktg1").Visible = True
Worksheets("mktg2").Visible = True
Worksheets("mktg2").Visible = True
Sheets("mktg1").Select

'#2

Case Is = "showsales"
Worksheets("sales1").Visible = True
Worksheets("sales2").Visible = True
Worksheets("sales3").Visible = True
Sheets("sales1").Select

'#3
Case Is = "showall"
Call ShowSheets

Case Else
MsgBox "Incorrect password; no action taken.", vbInformation, _
"Unhide Sheet..."
End Select

Exit Sub

End Sub

Sub ShowSheets()
Dim sh As Worksheet
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
If (sh.Name) < "Password" Then
If sh.Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden Then
sh.Visible = True
Next sh

End Sub

Place following code in sheet called ThisWorkbook
Call HideSheets

Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Freshman" wrote:

Thanks Stefi.

"Stefi" wrote:

Set ToolsProtectionSheet protection individually for each sheets
with
different passwords!

Regards,
Stefi

Freshman ezt *rta:

Dear expert,

I want to create a workbook with different worksheets for different
users.
For security purpose, I want different worksheet has a different
password to
protect so that the only authorized user can edit the content on
his/her
designated worksheet.
For example, sheet "marketing" has a password "1234" and sheet
"sales" has a
password "1235" to protect. Is it possible? Please kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

.