Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Minu Minu is offline

Default Different password for different worksheet

Dear expert,

I am using MS Excel 2007. I want to create a workbook with different
worksheets for different users to be able to view and edit the content on
his/her designated worksheet. i.e. For security purpose, I want different
worksheet has a different password to
protect so that the only authorized user can view & edit the content on
his/her
designated worksheet.
For example, sheet "marketing" has a password "1234" and sheet "sales" has a
password "1235" to view and protec. Is it possible? Please kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

"ryguy7272" wrote:

This is how I do it...

Place the following code in a Sheet (not a module)
Basically, right-click the sheet and click View Code
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim i_pwd As String

i_pwd = InputBox("Please Enter Password to Unhide Sheet", "Unhide Sheet...")
If i_pwd = "" Then
Exit Sub
End If

'#1
Select Case (i_pwd)
Case Is = "showmktg"
Worksheets("mktg1").Visible = True
Worksheets("mktg2").Visible = True
Worksheets("mktg2").Visible = True
Sheets("mktg1").Select

'#2

Case Is = "showsales"
Worksheets("sales1").Visible = True
Worksheets("sales2").Visible = True
Worksheets("sales3").Visible = True
Sheets("sales1").Select

'#3
Case Is = "showall"
Call ShowSheets

Case Else
MsgBox "Incorrect password; no action taken.", vbInformation, _
"Unhide Sheet..."
End Select

Exit Sub

End Sub

Sub ShowSheets()
Dim sh As Worksheet
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
If (sh.Name) < "Password" Then
If sh.Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden Then
sh.Visible = True
Next sh

End Sub

Place following code in sheet called ThisWorkbook
Call HideSheets

Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Freshman" wrote:

Thanks Stefi.

"Stefi" wrote:

Set ToolsProtectionSheet protection individually for each sheets with
different passwords!

Regards,
Stefi

Freshman ezt *rta:

Dear expert,

I want to create a workbook with different worksheets for different users.
For security purpose, I want different worksheet has a different password to
protect so that the only authorized user can edit the content on his/her
designated worksheet.
For example, sheet "marketing" has a password "1234" and sheet "sales" has a
password "1235" to protect. Is it possible? Please kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.