Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Edi Edi is offline

Default How to pick a specific cell within a macro .... ??

Hi Jacob

Thanks for taking the time to help!

I copy the worksheet when it is forwarded to me, then want to go to my
template and simply click a button that basically says "Go" or Start".

it pastes into a new sheet, and then once all the data is in the new sheet,
i need to actually tell it where the first row of each column of data is ...
so i almost need the macro to pause while i tell it where the first row is
for each of the 5-6 columns of data, which are ranges that all need to be
named. i'm happy about naming the ranges etc, it's just identifying the
first row of data that i'm a bit stumped with, which as i mentioned changes
depending on where the raw data comes from!!

thanks again! mike

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Check out whether this will help...

Dim rngTemp As Range
Set rngTemp = Range(Split(ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Address, ":")(0))
MsgBox rngTemp.Address

--
Jacob

"Edi" wrote:

I receive spreadsheets with data from a number of different sources, in
different formats, but with essentially the same type of information. I need
to name about 5 ranges for my macro, but each range begins in a different
cell reference i.e. one range from one source may start at A4, whereas the
other source may have the same data beginning at B2.

I would like to tell my analysis spreadsheet which specific cell to start in
to name the data range.

Is there anyway of doing this?

What would be ideal would be some little message saying "Select the cell
containing the first row of DATE data", and then being able to click in the
first DATE cell, but I'm not sure that this is possible!!

I hope you can understand what I'm after, but if not, let me know and I'll
try to clarify it!

Thanking you in advance!