Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mikie1 Mikie1 is offline

Default Unable to copy formula from one cell into 2 or more consecutive ce

I have a Gateway laptop NX 860 XL, with a 2ghz Intel Core 2 duo and 2
gigabytes of RAM running Windows 7. The system originally came with Windows
Vista and MS Office 2007 Standard. I did an upgrade install to Win 7 last
October. MS Office is currently at SP2. All updates are applied automatically
so everything should be current.

The problem is as follows: I have, for example, a formula in cell F1 I want
to copy to cells F2 through F10. I right click Cell F1, and select 'copy'. I
then select Cells F2 through F10 and choose 'paste'. Nothing is copied. I
have also tried this with all the options available in 'Paste Special' and
still get nothing.

Please note that if I only select only one cell and then paste, the
information is successfully copied. I can successfully copy to one cell
anywhere else in the spreadsheet. Only when I select 2 or more cells do I
have a problem.

This issue occurs whether I am copying simple text, simple numbers or
formulas. I have run Microsoft Office Diagnostics and had no issues reported.

Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed? Thanks in advance for any
help that can be provided.