Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Can I extract the only second word?

Try the below instead

=TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(" " & $A$1&
REPT(" ",6)," ",REPT(" ",255)),2*255,255))

--
Jacob

"Narnimar" wrote:

Hi,
It returns me like too few arguments and formula curser points at CHAR32.
What may be the problem?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Use the below formula....to extract the second word

=TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(" " & $A$1& REPT(" ",6),"
",REPT(CHAR32),255)),2*255,255))

For the 3rd word change 2*255 to 3*255

--
Jacob

"Narnimar" wrote:

How can I extract the second word in a cell into a cell? I don't
want the first word or any other words to go with it into the new cell from
company name.
e. g. from AL BASSAM INTERNATIONAL FACTORIES extract BASSAM only.
Also I would like to know to extract only third word in case I may need for
future alternatively.