Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier[_2_] Jon Peltier[_2_] is offline

Default how to copy sheet with charts without link to original data

Is the chart embedded in the sheet? Or is it a standalone chart sheet?

If it's a chart sheet, then select the data worksheet, hold Ctrl and
select the chart sheet, then hold Ctrl and drag both to the other workbook.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 3/10/2010 5:01 PM, Sam wrote:
Just tried your suggestion. Didn't work for me. Copies the sheet with the
data, but not the chart. Or may be I am doing sth wrong? I followed you steps
in 2007, tried in 1 workbook dragging Sheet1 to the end - creates copy with
the data-no raph
Tried between 2 files - same result - copied sheet with data on it, but
didnt transfer the graph... Any Excel settings I am missing?

Is it possible this to be done with VBA, as instead "Sheet1" there is
dynamic reference to the sheets name in
.Chart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A3:G14")
something like the formula
=MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,255)
My VBA knowledge is limited, and I cant make this to work so far...

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks

Sam

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Are you copying by Copy and Paste?
Here is a way that makes a new duplicate sheet
Open the two workbooks and in XL2003 use Windows | Arrange or in Xl2007 use
View |Arrange to have them side by side
If you are talking about one workbook just follow from here
Click on the tab of the worksheet holding the data and charts
Hold down the CTRL key and drag the tab from one book to the other (you will
see an icon looking like a piece of paper with a + sign) --- with one file
drag from one place to another in the tab line-up
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
I have a worksheet with ten charts on it. I need to copy the worksheet
with
all its data and related charts to new sheets or files so I have a page
for
every day, with different data entered every day. But when I copy the
worksheet with embedded charts and paste it into a new file, the charts
pull
their source data from the original worksheet, not the new one.
The source data Value box is written as such, ='03-09-10'!$D$12

any ideas?

.