Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alain Dekker Alain Dekker is offline

Default Combine strings and numbers

Thanks for all the answers. Yes, that was what I was looking for, the
ampersand &.

"????? (????) ?????" <micky-a*at*tapuz.co.il wrote in message
Although your example involves the $ sign - please take into consideration
that the DOLLAR Function currency symbol depends upon your(!) Language
settings in the Control Panel.
So - if you live in the UK or in France the result of the DOLLAR function
will, eventually, display: £ or: ?
Micky

"Alain Dekker" wrote:

Hi,

Using Excel 97.

I'm trying to generate a list of costs of some stock items:
So I have columns:
Dollar_Symbol
Dollar_Amount
Dollar_Cents

eg.
Column A Column B Column C
Dollar_Symbol Dollar_Amount Dollar_Cents
$ 3 47
$ 12 09

etc

Now I want to concatenate these into a string ie. something like this:
A2+B2+"."+C2 (which should $3.47)
A3+B3+"."+C3 (which should $12.09)
but I can't get the formulas to work. I'm sure this is simple, I'll kick
myself later, I promise!

Thanks in advance,
Alain

.